Thursday, January 06, 2005

The Rules

Don't eat after 7:30pm

I never really believed in this rule, I mean fuel in, fuel out, right? I mean, your car uses the same amount of petrol throughout the day no matter what time you drive it. Still, many people with more knowledge than me espouse this approach, so I though it was worth a run

30 minutes cardio 6 days a week

This is a standard. I have read that the body doesn't start buring fat until at least 3o mins exercise. We'll see.

No cheese

No chocolate

No nuts

These are my temptation foods. Cheese is about 20-30% fat. Chocolate is 30-40% fat. Nuts are 50% fat. And I can eat them the live long day. So, they are out.

No bread

I love bread. I even make bread. And I don't mean with a machine. Still, I eat too much of it so it is out. The only exception to this rule is the bread around a wrap. I mean, there are so many healthy wraps around that it is stupid to rule them out.

Nothing in the household with more than 10% fat

My will power at home is weak, but it is strong in the shopping centre. So, I choose not to take any food which could be construed as fatty into my home so the temptation does not exist.

Eat out only once every fortnight

This rule was introduced to keep my better half in check. She loves to eat out and would happily do so three times a week, even though she is a great cook. The problem with eating out is that you can't be sure of what you are eating. I mean, how many Kjs are in your Rogan Josh at your favourite Indian place? Who knows. (As an aside, the better half and I tried to get onto My Restaurant Rules with a concept to get around this problem of eating out. Obviously, it did not get a run)

Don't weigh yourself

This is a move to help keep motivation up. Slight losses in weight may make you think that you are succeeding and don't need to diet an further, even if you are nowhere near your goal. Slight weight gains may make you feel you are failing, which can also make you fall off the wagon

Limit wine intake to half a bottle a week

Personally, I don't think the amount of alcohol that I drink will affect my weight too much. Still, better to be safe than sorry.


A chart was made to help monitor our progress in adhering to The Rules. I will share the results of my chart with you on this blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home